Saturday, August 15, 2015

Another Fine Mess You've Gotten Me Into

Each of the past few years, after returning from the Blackboard World conference, I decided to put together a report to both help me gather, absorb and retain all the information I learned and to share it with my colleagues (also to have something tangible to illustrate a ROI for the college).

This year, among the recipients of my report, the Interim President of the College, she actually took the time to read all 46 pages and after, asked if I would do a presentation at the next professional day.

I immediately thought to recruit one of my colleagues as a co-presenter as she had just recently completed graduate level research on many of the topics I bring up in my report.

Of course now the daunting task of coming up with a presentation...I had a mini brainstorm on the title and came up with the following 4:

Disruptive Innovation, Learner Engagement, and other Tales from the World of Educating Learner’s in the Modern Education Marketplace
 
Disruptive Innovation, Learner Engagement, and other Tales from the Modern Education Landscape
 
The Learner Says What? A Look at Today’s Learner and How We Need to Change to Become Today’s Educator’s
 
The Learner Says What? A Look at Today’s Learner and How We Must Change to Meet their Needs

Immediately seeing the need for editing, I also immediately saw the advantage of a colleague to work together with...after running them by her and reviewing the content, we are going with:

The Learner Says What? A Look at Today’s Learner and How We Must Change to Meet their Needs

Now to put together an abstract in the short term and the full presentation, about an hour's worth, for 9/25.

No comments: