Thursday, August 06, 2015

Hot Rod R.I.P.

"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper was a legend in professional wrestling, in listening to interviews after his death, many wrestlers from many generations recognize him as the greatest heel in the history of the business.

I watched wrestling form the time I was 8 or 9 years old, since the early-1970's. By the late 70's and early 80's, I was going to see the live wrestling program's at Madison Square Garden in NYC.

There were a lot of unique characters and gimmicks, but Roddy Piper was from a different cloth, literally, the dude came out in a kilt, played bag pipes and was often smaller than his opponent but talk about tough and unpredictable, talk about a loose cannon with a microphone, talk about someone who ensured every fan (and their parent) got every penny's worth they spent to see the show.

Rest in peace Roddy!

No comments: