Monday, August 10, 2015

In My Ears 2015 Vol. 12

I haven't listened to Echo & The Bunnymen in a long time, I saw this CD in the library bins, so I had to give it a listen. I listened twice, not so sure how much I feel about it yet.

It's not awful by any means, can't say much more.
After seeing Def Leppard live a few weeks ago, I wanted to go back and listen to some of the old stuff, can't get much older than this one.

Songs hold up, definitely needs to be remastered.
Again, strong songs that hold up, a remastering would be welcome.
Because of the specific time and place that this record brings me back to, it's just a little more special than the first 2 - again, a remastering would be great...really fantastic songs that all hold up.
My first Rush concert a few weeks back got me thinking how long I've kind of left them behind. As I mentioned when I wrote about the concert, I hadn't listened to a Rush record in about 5 years - but I haven't listened to anything they had put out in probably longer.

This record and Clockwork Angels below were among some of the Rush records I had never heard until I listened to them in these past few weeks.
Musically, I enjoy listening to Rush play, even on record, there is a certain synergy in the way they do things.

I am not going to say that I love either of these records, neither has the same effect as some of their earlier stuff does for me but I can't say it's their fault as much as it is mine.

These are solid records, nothing even close to "commercial".
I recently told you all about how glad I am to have finally learned of this band and how much I dig them.

This is a great record!
Saw Styx for the first time recently (one of the openers for Def Leppard). Wanted to see how this record, one of my faves back in the day, held up.

Again, in need of a remastering....the record still holds weight for me.

No comments: