Monday, August 03, 2015

Penultimate (Scheduled) Stop on the #summerofconcerts Tour

Last night my daughter and I ventured to the Xfinity Center in Mansfield, MA for another stop on our #summerofconcerts tour. The show eas headlined by Rascal Flatts with opener, Scotty McCreery and a guest opener spot by RaeLynn.

RaeLyyn, a semi-finalist on The Voice has garnered so attention with country radio and performed a short 20 minute set that primed the crowd.

McCreey, an American Idol winner from a few years ago. I have to say, I rmember seeing him on Idol and it's impressive how he has matured since them. Scotty did a great job of keeping the crown happy and included some country classics in his 40-45 minute set along with most his hits and his new single.

Rascal Flatts was terrific, Gary Levox has extraordinary vocal skills and it's kind of cool how most of the band gets their chance to shine in the spotlight.

One odd thing, and this is now the second artist I've seen this year to do this, there was no encore. Granted, they did a nice set, packed with hits, and it was fine from a time perspective - I just think the ritual of the encore is something we all expect and for me, I really miss it.

Here is Rascal Flatts setlistL

  1. Stand 
  2. Me and My Gang 
  3. To Love Somebody/Take Me To Church 
  4. What Hurts the Most 
  5. Love You Out Loud 
  6. Why Wait 
  7. Riot 
  8. Fast Cars and Freedom 
  9. Here Comes Goodbye / Easy 
  10. These Days 
  11. Mayberry 
  12. I'm Movin' On 
  13. Prayin' for Daylight 
  14. Summer Nights 
  15. I Like the Sound of That 
  16. Rewind 
  17. Take Me There 
  18. Bless the Broken Road 
  19. Banjo 
  20. Here's to You 
  21. Life Is a Highway 
    (Tom Cochrane cover)

No comments: