Tuesday, August 18, 2015

This Drive's Me Bonkers


This picture is so you can get a feel for what I am speaking of, plus, it's kind of meta that on the screen is the in the picture is this exact screen that I am typing this post into (screw proper English, this is all about the meta).

I am almost always in long before we open the computer lab, so imagine this scene above with the door in the background closed and locked and the lights off, and me, sometimes working at this computer. Inevitably, students will show up before we open (which is at 7:45 am) and then just lurk, staring in the window, and occasionally start knocking. What the heck is their problem? This makes me mental. Then when I do open the doors at 7:45, sometimes they complain and wonder why I wouldn't let them in since I was there anyway.

Oh my God this makes me so angry!!! The freaking lab hours are posted - and I don't mix any words with them, I tell them up front, I don't get paid until 7:45 and there's no way I will open a second before then.

The hours are clearly posted on the door, they are told the hours at their orientation, but they still do the same thing over and over and it's just, well, kind of dumb if you ask me.

No comments: