Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Walking

I see this guy almost every morning as I get to work, he is taking his daily walk using our campus as a safe road. I truly admire his gumption, but I really wish he'd put a shirt on.

His consistency does make me feel bad about myself though, I was on such a roll with exercise not too long ago, but I let it get out of hand and lost sight of what I was doing, ended up with some injuries and had to slow down.

Sadly, my internal fitness drive seems to only have off and on as options - I really need to find the right balance. I have tried to get back into the game a few times and can't make it stick.

What is really the worst part of it all is that I know the benefits of exercise, internally and externally, and I am not really in a position where I can avoid it for too long without it having a negative effect on my health.

So, despite the fact that this old man grosses me out with his torso every morning, he is doing what I should be doing. I need to go kick myself.

No comments: