Saturday, October 03, 2015

In My Ears 2015 Vol. 13.50: "NYC"

Recently listened to a playlist I called NYC, named for a road trip I took to NYC with my pal Nancy all for the purpose of visiting a storefront in Times Square called "Pop Tart World". I know, and you wondered how I manage this slender MMA type figure :)

Here are a few pics from inside the place:



Back to the music...I put together a playlist of 39 songs that made sense for this trip for a number of reasons. In this post, I will list the songs and if I am feeling like it, and remember to do so, perhaps in later post(s), I'll get deeper into the songs.


  1. Big Yellow Taxi - Amy Grant
  2. Changes - David Bowie
  3. New York Skyline - Garland Jeffreys
  4. Breathe - Alexi Murdoch
  5. Amarillo by Morning - George Strait
  6. I Melt With You - Bowling for Soup
  7. This is Me Missing You - James House
  8. Moments - Emerson Drive
  9. Every Light in the House is Blown - Cledus T. Judd
  10. Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
  11. Santeria - Sublime
  12. Personality Crisis - New York Dolls
  13. Rockaway Beach - Ramones
  14. You've Got to Hide Your Love Away - Eddie Vedder
  15. I Love Bosco (Bosco) - TV Commericials Vol. 1
  16. You've Got to Hid Your Love Away - Elvis Costello
  17. The Weakness in Me - Joan Armatrading
  18. Whatever it Is - Zac Brown Band
  19. This is God - Phil Vassar
  20. Why Didn't I Think of That - Doug Stone
  21. Cinnamon Girl - Matthew Sweet & Susanna Hoffs
  22. Rockin' Around in NYC - Marshall Crenshaw
  23. The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon & Garfunkel
  24. New York State of Mind - Tony Bennett with Billy Joel
  25. What Goes Around Comes Around - Justin Timberlake
  26. Closing Time - Semisonic
  27. Welcome to the Future - Brad Paisley
  28. I've Been Loved by the Best - Don Williams
  29. Upside Down - Jack Johnson
  30. New York - U2
  31. People Are Crazy - Billy Currington
  32. Outbound Plane - Suzy Boggus
  33. The Reason - Hoobastank
  34. New York City Serenade - Bruce Springsteer & E Street Band
  35. I've Cried My Last Tear for You - Ricky Van Shelton
  36. Cape Canaveral - Conor Oberst
  37. Old Hippie - Bellamy Brothers
  38. Join the Book Club - George Carlin
  39. Leaving New York - R.E.M.

No comments: