Saturday, October 10, 2015

In My Ears 2015 Vol. 14

Here's the most recent batch of music I've been listening to:

Warren Zevon - Sentimental Hygiene
Warren Zevon - Transverse City
Month back I set out to relisten to the the entire Zevon catalog, I got about halfway through...picking it back up; love him.

Genesis - ...And Then There Were Three
Genesis - Duke
Genesis - Abacab
Seems I am on a catalog frenzy - this is some of the remainder, with still one or two to go...you may recall some dude on Craigslist giving a way a bunch of Genesis CD's free, at which time I set out to listen to all that I had, including those I got free. It's interesting here to detect the transition from prog to pop as a group (though I don't think it was a total transition), it'll be more evident in their last records.

Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
The record that made all the difference for the phenomenal Matt Scannell. This is a great record!

Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material
Sophomore release, as brilliant as her debut...did I mention that it's a brilliant record?

Rush - Power Windows
Rush - Hold Your Fire
Rush - Roll the Bones
More of me working through catalogs, I began listening to the Rush stuff after seeing them live for the first time on their 40th anniversary tour. "Hold Your Fire" may be my personal favorite of their albums.

No comments: