Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Compensating for Blurring the Lines

This here (on the right) is the Sunny Side Up & Coffee Shoppe. It was also the location I chose for breakfast this morning (technically yesterday morning as it is past midnight when I write this) - it had lots of good Yelp reviews and was a short walk from my hotel.

About a block or two away, there was a mattress store on the corner and just out front, one of those bus stop alcoves, under which, a homeless man was sleeping.

I simply couldn't resit a joke, which didn't come from a cruel place, but understandable could have been perceived as mean. I looked down at him then up at the mattress store just 2 or 3 feet away and said out loud, "So close, yet so far."

Now before you think the absolute worst of me, first, I can assure you with 100% certainty he was not in hearing distance. I went along for my breakfast, filled my belly, then I brought him a nice hot meal as well.

No comments: